• Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student-athletes at practice and completion, including preparation for said practice and competition, educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises, and any sport specific needs. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans. Provide instruction and advice before, during and after competition in both group and individual settings.
• Effectively work with staff members in the areas of compliance, student development, external operations, facilities/operations, equipment operations, internal operations, and athletic development. Comply with all NCAA, Ivy League, University, and divisional rules and policies. Assist in organizing team and coach travel, compliance paperwork, and other administrative responsibilities.
• Serve as role-model and adviser for student-athletes in a general capacity. Connect student athletes to necessary resources within and outside of Penn Athletics as needed. Provide support system to all student-athletes on the team.
• Assist the head coach in building strong relationships with alumni, fans, campus partners and the broader community.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (3 to 5 years of experience preferred).
• Experience working with college athletics or professional sports department preferred; knowledge of NCAA regulations a plus.
More info:: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Hutchinson-Gymnasium/Assistant-Coach--Men-and-Women-Fencing_JR00079287-1