The 4th annual Coaches Academy will take place in the picturesque foothills of Georgia.
Venue: Darlington School Host City: Rome
- Sunday July 28th - Arrivals & Orientation
- Monday July 29th - Instruction begins
- Saturday August 3rd - Instruction concludes
- Annual General Meeting & Luncheon
- Sunday August 4th - Departures
Peter Burchard, USFCA President, will lead this year's event with an array of skilled Fencing Masters including Bill Becker, Mark Masters, Walid Mahran, Paul Sise, and more!
Workshops, seminars, and training sessions will include:
- Beginning through Elite Athlete Development
- Modern Teaching Methods of the Individual Lesson
- Referee-Coach Relations
- Footwork & Group Lesson Instruction
- Instruction methods for learning disabilities
- Armory essentials every coach must know
- Building a thriving fencing business
- Professional Development and Networking Sessions
Beginning Level Coaches
If you are new to coaching fencing, and want a jump start on your coaching career, you are encouraged to attend! New and beginning level coaches are welcomed at Coaches Academy, you will have access to a wealth of coaching knowledge and have the ability to work towards earning your first coaching certification.
High School Coaches
High School fencing teams are growing rapidly throughout the United States. If you are Coaching a High School team, chances are you are building your program from the ground up. The curriculum at Coaches Academy will help you get started and give you a firm foundation to build your team, and earning an accreditation is great professional development opportunity.
Intermediate through Advanced Coaches
Intermediate through advanced level coaches have athletes regularly competing at the regional through national level and are working towards earning higher levels of coaching certification. Coaches Academy provides a challenging and supportive environment for coaches to improve their individual lesson skills, learn new exercises and techniques, and improve their sense of timing and distance.
Tuition & Registration
Tuition for the 2019 USFCA Coaches Academy is $1275 for the week, which includes all 7 days of coaching training, seminars, and workshops as well as dormitory housing on a private campus. For local coaches, or those wanting to select their own housing, the tuition fee is $1075 for the week.
Your space is reserved when you pre-register and pay a $300, nonrefundable, registration fee. Your deposit is applied to the final balance due.
Two scholarships are available for the 2019 USFCA Coaches Academy. One full $1275 scholarship to cover tuition, room & board, and one partial $650 scholarship also to be applied toward tuition, room & board at the academy.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Give a brief history of your fencing experience
- Explain why you deserve or need a scholarship and what will you do with the knowledge that you gain from the Coaches Academy
- Tell us what kinds of activities you are doing to promote fencing in your school or community
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your head coach or program supervisor. If you are the head coach of a private club, a letter from one of your students will be acceptable